Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Zeenat disappointed with Pritam’s Dum Maaro Dum


Zeenat Aman of the hugely popular Dum Maro Dum (from Hare Krishna Hare Ram, 1971) number is very disappointed with Pritam Chakraborty’s new age rendition of the song.

Zeenat said, “Frankly I was deeply disappointed by the re-mix. I haven’t seen it. But I did hear the song.
And it just doesn’t sound right. In the original, there was a certain innocence in Asha Bhonsle’s voice and also in the lyrics. What I’ve heard here just left me cold.”

The former sex icon is also hurt about the fact that the original artistes were not informed about the new version before it was made. “Forget me.

Ashaji should certainly have been taken into confidence. She is the voice of Dum Maro Dum. I don’t think we should forget that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment