Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dalal Street bats for India




With India clashing with its archrivals today in the semi-final match at Mohali, it seems the country's financial capital has placed cricket before capital.

The action on Dalal Street and other stock broking firms, which are otherwise abuzz with action is expected to remain subdued today. 



Many stockbrokers have decided to give their employees off today

Rahul Jain, stock investor from Malad (W) said, "I will not work after 2 pm today. That is for sure. I will come to office at 8 am and leave as soon as the match starts."

Jain, a cricket enthusiast, is already tensed about the match. "I won't be able to concentrate in office so what is the point staying there?"

And Jain is not alone. Other stockbroking firms have also granted leave to their employees for the match.

Dhitesh M Shah, owner of a firm at Dalal Street said that he had given the employees an off but he would be in office himself for the first innings.

"I will go home and watch the remainder of the match with my wife and son," he said.

For Ranjeet N Mali, his schedule depends on who bats first. "I am not a great fan of the game but I will not work while Sachin is batting," says Mali who works in Malad (W).

Said Mali, "I will watch the match with my three brothers and my father. It will be great fun." And others like Amit Asati, an avid cricket fan, have prepared to stay close to the radio.

"My office is in Goregaon (E) and I stay in Mulund. I plan to leave office at 3:30 pm but I will listen to radio to keep myself updated," explained Asati.

No comments:

Post a Comment